Table Of Contents
The IUCN World Heritage Outlook is the first assessment of all natural World Heritage sites.
|B2C & B2B
|Website Design, Web Development, Site Maintenance
|UK / Global
The organisation keeps track of the condition of each site, having their status assessed and updated on the website for all to view.
In order to improve the conservation outlook of each site, they identify all the actions needed to support the ones which are facing threats.
We had the privilege of being approached to update the existing website (built on the Liferay open-source CMS platform) and improve the usability of the natural site index. This index features heritage sites such as Henderson Island, which is supported by Sir David Attenborough.
|We enhanced the World Heritage online reporting system for site assessments, by developing updated fields to reflect improved site assessment methodology.
|Project Scope of Works
The improved online reporting system includes the following new functionality:
- Enable coordinators to launch new site assessment cycles
- Give site assessors and reviewers the ability to access relevant documents for their site assessments
- Allow reviewers to view and edit site assessment content
- Enable coordinators to view consolidated reviewer edits for a site assessment
- Incorporate updates to site assessment fields to reflect improved 2016 site assessment methodology
- Allow site assessors and reviewers to submit/review site assessments in English, Spanish or French, as well as allow other users (e.g. coordinators) the ability to input other language translations of site assessments.
|The existing IUCN World Heritage Outlook site was also analysed to remove bugs in order to reduce errors and improve site accessibility.
|Resources / Planning
The result is a super efficient, slick and user-friendly website, which faithfully showcases IUCN brand guidelines. The success of the project is grounded in our creative skills and versatile web development expertise and may be as importantly based on true collaborative work.